Petroleum Industry FundamentalsPrint this page
This comprehensive course takes a detailed look at the entire petroleum complex, focusing on the operational details of the upstream, midstream, and downstream. Follow crude oil from the point of production through the formulation of gasoline and diesel products. Ask your most basic questions as we focus on the who, what, where, when and how of the industry. Terms, jargon and concepts common to industry experts will be made clear with our ground-up approach that brings insight to the novice as well as to veterans looking for an expanded or refreshed view of the business.
What you will learn
- Conventional and non-conventional crude oil production.
- Refining basics from distillation to cracking.
- Domestic pipelines and fuel distribution practices.
- Gasoline, diesel and alternative fuel characteristics.
- Spot, wholesale(rack), and retail pricing concepts.
- NYMEX futures concepts.
- Global factors and considerations.
← Back to Events List
Print this page