Nominees announced for this year’s GPS awards
April 16, 2019
Print this page
Did you make the cut?
Organizers have announced the nominees for the 2019 Global Petroleum Show Awards Gala.
Launched in 2014, the Global Petroleum Show Awards Gala is an evening of celebration and networking. The GPS Awards serves to celebrate the leaders who drive change, shine a spotlight on excellence, and promote healthy advancement within our industry.
To view this year’s nominees, click here.
The categories are:
- Collaborative Trendsetter Award is designed to recognize operators who are leading the charge, pushing the envelope, refining industry level performance, driving technology innovation and collaboration within the oil and gas industry.
- Community Engagement Award recognizes the industry’s efforts in contributing to the betterment of the wider community which is directly linked to the oil & gas industry, and in which the organization operates.
- Digital Innovator Award recognizes new digital technologies which are designed to support or drive the energy industry.
- Emerging Clean Technologies Award is specific to non-renewable resources and is focused on innovative technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including Co2 and methane, in the fossil energy industry. These can include storage, capture and carbon conversion/utilization technologies or processes, as well as technologies or processes for measurement monitoring and detection of GHGs, and also energy efficiency solutions that will help reduce energy consumption in the energy industry.
- Emerging Leader Award acknowledges an up and coming individual whose efforts have propelled their organization to excellence and ensured the ongoing success of the energy industry. The 2019 nominees truly standout in terms of leadership, strategic thinking and the pursuit of excellence in their field.
- Health & Safety Award acknowledges new technologies which contribute to enhancing the overall HSE record of the energy industry.
- Indigenous Excellence Award is designed to recognize Indigenous (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) and non-Indigenous companies who are leading the way by successful collaboration between Indigenous peoples and the energy industry.
- Innovation in Equipment Award recognizes high disruptive innovations in equipment that have a major impact on energy efficiency, emissions, economics, schedule or quality.
- Innovation in Process Controls Award recognizes a project, product or service specific to controls that make a positive impact to the industry.
- Suzanne West Environmental Excellence Award – In 2018, we lost a pioneer in the Canadian oil and gas industry, Suzanne West. As an Oil and Gas CEO, Suzanne had a drive for environmental excellence over operational perfection of an imperfect system. She transformed our thinking from being satisfied with merely optimizing current processes to believing that we can indeed have an entirely different kind of oil and gas company — one that can be profitable and change our processes to reduce water and energy in production. She showed us that striving for efficiency alone was not generating the effective stewardship of our resources that is required for a sustainable industry. The Suzanne West Environmental Excellence Award serves to recognize any efforts, initiatives or technological advancements that have minimized or eliminated the environmental footprint of the oil and gas industry. This award is specific to environmental technologies/initiatives used in the oil and gas industry.
The show runs June 11-13, in Calgary, Alta.