MapMaster mini RJ45 pocket cable tester launched
Platinum Tools has launched the MapMaster mini Pocket cable tester (p/n T109C), which will be featured during the 2019 NAB Show, held in Las Vegas, Nev. from April 8-11.
“The MapMaster mini RJ45 cable tester maps multiple locations of RJ45 network cables and detects shorts, opens, miswires, reversals, and split-pairs,” explained George Jang, Platinum Tools, Inc. product manager. “A built-in tone generator with four different tone combinations can be used with a tone probe to detect where a cable is routed and the location of the end of the cable. Every installer should have this on hand for every installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance calls.”
The NAB Show is located at the Las Vegas Convention Center, and Platinum Tools will be in booth # C11447.
They will also be at ISC West 2019, held in Las Vegas from April 10-12 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, booth #6035.
The MapMaster mini determines wire condition, whether good or faulty, and displays it on its LCD display. A set of five mapping remotes is included for locating cables terminated in wall jacks or patch panels. The MapMaster mini also identifies the patch panel port where network cable is terminated and can find and fix the position of exposed or hidden cables.
Additional features include:
- Large LCD displays TIA/EIA568A/B wiremap sequence & easily identifies faults
- Identifies Network ID-Only Remotes Set #1-5
- Compatible with up to two test and map remotes
- Quickly identify unlabeled network cables
- Trace/locate network cables and locate breaks/opens in network cabling
- Single multi-function button operates test functions, tone generation, and ID-Only remotes location
- Self-storing remote
- Auto power off prevents depletion of battery power