Waterproof RJ45 coupler system to be featured at CEDIA Expo
Platinum Tools announced it will feature the new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System (p/ns 740C & 741C) during CEDIA Expo 2019, held in Denver, Col. from Sept. 12-14 at the Colorado Convention Center.
“There are those installs where your Ethernet connections will need ruggedized protection due to exposure to water, dust, corrosion, harsh elements, and vibration,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools, LLC product manager. “An easy and simple solution is Platinum Tools’ Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System, rated to IP67 to meet those harsh environmental conditions commonly found in outdoor and indoor installs, such as wireless towers, security systems, outdoor entertainment venues, industrial manufacturing, LED lighting, emergency communications, marinas, and more.”
Platinum Tools will be at booth # 4133.
Features and technical specifications of the new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System include:
- IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof
- Easy and quick to install
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Works with RJ45 (8P8C) connectors
- For UTP and STP applications
- Category Range: Cat5e and Cat6
- Screw mating system assures secure connection
- Temperature range: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C
- Housing material: Black nylon
- RoHS compliant
- Contact material: Gold plated 50μ over copper alloy
- Thread size: 13/16-inch – 28UN
- Max panel thickness: 4.0mm / 0.157 inch
- Cycle life: 1,000 insertions
- Current rating: 1 amp
- Voltage rating: 48v
- Recommended Panel Cut (for truncated circle): 19.4 mm – 20.8 mm (0.760in. – 0.815in.)
- Cable diameter range: 5.5-7.0mm / 0.216in. – 0.276in.